Learning to animate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning to animate

Post  MrKarma4ya on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:06 am

I believe there are some people here who know how to animate, I only know Rimuto can however. Me and my cousin were thinking of learning some animations. We went to consult in Maya Animation Academy but it was damn expensive. We would never be able to able to pay such price. And there aren't much decent animation schools out there and all are expensive.

I've taken Photoshop and Illustrator classes in the past but I don't remember much of it. My brother, on the other hand, doesn't know sh1t about it and has decided to take Photoshop classes instead. However, we have decided that we'll also learn some basic animation at home from the internet. We read a few articles abut beginning to animate too.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think it is possible to learn animation at home? Has anyone done it before? How should I begin, 2D or 3D? Can I learn 3D without learning 2D? Which software should I use? I can't pay for Maya or Max. Should I download it via piratebay or should I use blender for starting? Or do I use flash? Can I use milkshape 3D? Should I learn how to create models and textures first? I have so many questions, I hope someone would be able to help me.
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Learning to animate

Post  Metalmec on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:34 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:I believe there are some people here who know how to animate, I only know Rimuto can however. Me and my cousin were thinking of learning some animations. We went to consult in Maya Animation Academy but it was damn expensive. We would never be able to able to pay such price. And there aren't much decent animation schools out there and all are expensive.

I've taken Photoshop and Illustrator classes in the past but I don't remember much of it. My brother, on the other hand, doesn't know sh1t about it and has decided to take Photoshop classes instead. However, we have decided that we'll also learn some basic animation at home from the internet. We read a few articles abut beginning to animate too.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think it is possible to learn animation at home? Has anyone done it before? How should I begin, 2D or 3D? Can I learn 3D without learning 2D? Which software should I use? I can't pay for Maya or Max. Should I download it via piratebay or should I use blender for starting? Or do I use flash? Can I use milkshape 3D? Should I learn how to create models and textures first? I have so many questions, I hope someone would be able to help me.

Try use the 3DSMAX,But you need 2 plugins(SMD IMPORTER AND SMD EXPORTER)download this plugins in my favorite site HL-LAB: SMDEXPORTER- http://hl-lab.ru/eng/files_goldsrc/smdexp_2 SMD IMPORTER- http://hl-lab.ru/eng/files_goldsrc/SMDImporter.mzp
Metalmec
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile http://www.rgggames.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  leazq on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:10 pm

i dont know much about it, but i have tried to animate before, the only thing i can tell you is to use 3ds max, maya or blender (blender its free, maybe the best choice), but do not use milkshape LOL

you can do it with milkshape, but those other programs you mentioned are way better, i think maya is designed to animate in the first place Smile ... but as i said, i just tried a couple of things, im not an expert about this  Rolling Eyes 
leazq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question

Post  RocAnonimo on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:09 pm

leazq wrote:i dont know much about it, but i have tried to animate before, the only thing i can tell you is to use 3ds max, maya or blender (blender its free, maybe the best choice), but do not use milkshape LOL

you can do it with milkshape, but those other programs you mentioned are way better, i think maya is designed to animate in the first place Smile... but as i said, i just tried a couple of things, im not an expert about this  Rolling Eyes 

Whit blender i can made models whit import sleeves and animations ?
RocAnonimo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rimuto on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:17 pm

if you want to learn some basic things, you have to download 3DS Max 2011 or 2012 (choose the version), there are a lot of tutorials, witch is easy to follow, however Blender is a good program, but there a are a minimun numbers of rig's for that Software.
Rimuto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Well thanks for the info guys.
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down