CSGO help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CSGO help!

Post  MrKarma4ya on Mon May 26, 2014 2:48 pm

I just installed a pirated copy of CS:GO by NoSteam today. Hads tons of fun with the available retextures. I tried installing some GB skins but I have a problem. I can only install by editing .vpk. Unkn0wn's tool doesn't work. It says 0 skins installed in directory. So, I cant install skins if they dont have a .vpk editing tutorial (like this). Any idea why this is happening?

And how do I change map settings like No. of bots, What weapons to allow, freeze time, buytime, starting money, footsteps, time per round(instead of 15 round match), etc.
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CSGO help!

Post  leazq on Tue May 27, 2014 8:16 am

neither do i how to change map settings xDDD
i have a legit version and i dont know how to play  Laughing 
leazq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

Your Answers!

Download and watch these videos, they will teach u what u want to know Smile

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jvedsajkk1pw8v/Videos.rar

Hope this helps Smile

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks man, I'll try it out.
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Tue May 27, 2014 8:34 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:Thanks man, I'll try it out.

ok man, any porbs just post reply or pm and ill help u out Smile

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Wed May 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Abdul12 wrote:

OK, the settings part worked fine. However, I did everything as shown in the skin video but nope, it still wont work.

First thing I did was copy My CSGO folder(which was in a different drive) to C drive. There was only Program Files, not Program Files (x86), probably because I have a 32 bit system. I made the necessary folders in the Program files folder, copied the CSGO folder, copied the skins,ran unkn0wn's progrem, it didn't work.

Again I did the same thing by making a new folder called Program Files (x86) but it still didn't work.

Again I did the same thing by renaming Program Files (x86) to Program Files (x64) but it still didn't work.

So what do I do? Do I need a 64 bit OS for this? Or Do I need to install it in program files instead of copying it?
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Wed May 28, 2014 9:21 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:
Abdul12 wrote:

OK, the settings part worked fine. However, I did everything as shown in the skin video but nope, it still wont work.

First thing I did was copy My CSGO folder(which was in a different drive) to C drive. There was only Program Files, not Program Files (x86), probably because I have a 32 bit system. I made the necessary folders in the Program files folder, copied the CSGO folder, copied the skins,ran unkn0wn's progrem, it didn't work.

Again I did the same thing by making a new folder called Program Files (x86) but it still didn't work.

Again I did the same thing by renaming Program Files (x86) to Program Files (x64) but it still didn't work.

So what do I do? Do I need a 64 bit OS for this? Or Do I need to install it in program files instead of copying it?

ok cool to know ur settings worked, but damn still skins problem,
1st thing i should mention this works on both 32 and 64bit computers, so it DOESNT matter if its in Program files. when u see Program Files (x86) just ignore it and just use YOUR Program Files (since ur 32bit)
2nd, u MUST have steam installed THEN create the 2 other folders (steamapps and common),
3rd make sure csgo folder is in the common folder like this http://i.imgur.com/XW29jaz.png
4th put ur skin and skin installer in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\
5th open the skin installer, click scan, then when it finds ur 2 skins (which it will) click install then ok, then ur done,
PS i just installed a fresh copy of CSGO and tried it, and it works fine man

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Thu May 29, 2014 5:50 am

Thanks man. Everything you mentioned was okay except I don't have steam installed. I'll install it and let you know if it works. I guess steam shouldn't be running in the background, right? Also, does steam workshop work?

Since you have non-steam version too, did you try to change texture from inventory? Because for me it only works sometimes. And can we play LAN?
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:42 am

MrKarma4ya wrote:Thanks man. Everything you mentioned was okay except I don't have steam installed. I'll install it and let you know if it works. I guess steam shouldn't be running in the background, right? Also, does steam workshop work?

Since you have non-steam version too, did you try to change texture from inventory? Because for me it only works sometimes. And can we play LAN?

Ok so steam doesnt have to be running u just need it to be installed, workshop i dont know as i havent tried it yet, the textures that come with the game work sometimes for me aswell i haven't really worked on that prob yet, as for LAN i think tunngle but but not 100% sure because i havent tried

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 am

Well, The skins worked! Thanks a ton.
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Thu May 29, 2014 5:30 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:Well, The skins worked! Thanks a ton.

NP man anytime Smile

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Sat May 31, 2014 6:38 pm

A weird thing happened today. The skin installer had worked fine before but today out of a sudden it says 0 skins found when I tried adding new skins. What's happening? I haven't changed anything at all! The custom skins I installed before works too. And If I change what I have already changed before, it works but I cannot install skins for weapons I did not change before.

I changed AK47 before, so now when I install a new skin for AK47, the new skin is shown. But I've never changed MP7 before so now when I change it it wont work. And I can't even use the tool because it says 0 skins found on scan. Any Ideas?

MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Sat May 31, 2014 6:55 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:A weird thing happened today. The skin installer had worked fine before but today out of a sudden it says 0 skins found when I tried adding new skins. What's happening? I haven't changed anything at all! The custom skins I installed before works too. And If I change what I have already changed before, it works but I cannot install skins for weapons I did not change before.

I changed AK47 before, so now when I install a new skin for AK47, the new skin is shown. But I've never changed MP7 before so now when I change it it wont work. And I can't even use the tool because it says 0 skins found on scan. Any Ideas?

i got no clue man, can u link me the ak47 and mp7 u were trying to install, so i can confirm its a problem not just for u
thanks man Smile

EDIT: ok so i just downloaded multiple csgo skins (sk47,galil,mp7 and did the normal procedure of installing the skin and it works fine man, all the skins show up and work properly.

what u can do is try this method - paste the skin into csgo, then open unknowns skin installer, then instead of clicking scan, manually tick the skin. So if ur installing v and w model of an mp7 tick them boxes next to mp7 and click install, if ur installing just the v model then click the v model box (left box if im not mistaked) then click install and test it. Smile

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKarma4ya on Sat May 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Actually, I just opened my pc and tried and it works again. I have no idea what had happened. Thanks anyway!
MrKarma4ya
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul12 on Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 pm

MrKarma4ya wrote:Actually, I just opened my pc and tried and it works again. I have no idea what had happened. Thanks anyway!
It seems the only explanation is that talking to me fixed the prob XD
Glad i could help Smile

Abdul12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top